Privacy + Information Collection and Use
Consent and Information Collection and Use
Without limiting the foregoing, we may on occasion ask you to consent when we collect, use, or disclose your personal information in specific circumstances. Sometimes your consent will be implied through your conduct with us if the purpose of the collection, use or disclosure is obvious and you voluntarily provide the information. We do not knowingly collect the personal information from anyone under the major age of consent in the jurisdiction of residence of the individual or determined based on the address of such individual. We may store and process personal information in Canada and other countries.
We may use your personal or account information for the following purposes:
- to administer the Program in which you participate;
- to provide program data to the program collaborator, Innovate BC, and funder, ISED, for the purposes of tracking program success and reach;
- to help us address problems with and improve the Website, the Program and/or our products and services;
- to request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Website, the Program and/or our products and services;
- to notify you about important changes to the Website, the Program and/or our products and services;
- for our internal business purposes, such as to analyze trends and statistics, for audits, to enhance the Website and/or the Program, to improve our products and services, to identify usage trends and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- to protect the security or integrity of the Website, the Program, our products and services and our business;
- to prevent, detect and investigate activity and transactions that are suspicious, fraudulent, or violate the Website Terms and Conditions or the rules for the Programs;
- to contact you if necessary regarding your transactions with us, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or for other administrative purposes;
- to respond to your requests for support or customer service;
- in an emergency situation to protect your personal safety or that of site visitors or any third party; and
- with your consent when required, to communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions; or as required or authorized by law.
Sharing of Personal Information
We are not responsible for the actions of any independent third parties you may choose to engage with directly, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to these third parties. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of any third party before disclosing information directly to them.
Rights to Your Information
We strive to ensure that any personal information we retain and use is accurate, complete and current as necessary for its intended use. If our records regarding your personal information are inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend that information at your request.
We may also use your personal information, combined with Website usage statistics and Programs-related statistics to generate Aggregated Data. This data is used internally and may be shared selectively with external entities. “Aggregated Data” refers to records that have been anonymized by removing potentially identifying details, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. In these Aggregated Data sets, your identity and personal information will remain confidential, untraceable, and anonymous.
Cookies and Log Files
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, if you prefer, you can adjust your browser settings to decline or remove cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or functionality of the Website.
Our Website is hosted by WordPress, which means that the data you provide is stored in the cloud, and not on AIP servers. We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected against unauthorized access. However, it’s essential to understand that no data transmission, whether it’s over the Internet or via wireless devices, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will continue to enhance security procedures as new technologies and procedures become available.
It’s crucial for you to exercise control over the personal information you share on the Website and during any participation in the Programs. Remember that safeguarding your personal information is ultimately your responsibility. Always exercise caution and responsibility regarding your data. While we take measures to protect your personal information, we are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Website or in connection with the Programs.
We also cannot guarantee or assume any responsibility for the accuracy or content of any personal information provided by third parties or other users to you through the Website or in connection with the Programs. As such, you release us from any and all liability related to the use, receipt, or content of personal information or other data exchanged on the Website or through the Programs.
You may wish to opt out of receiving certain information and marketing or promotional materials from AIP. You may do so by contacting us at: email@example.com