Stream 1: IP Education
IP Education and awareness
Stream 1 includes options for startups just starting out in their IP journey or who want to go deeper into refining their knowledge and strategy.
- Webinars and in-person seminars: visit our events page
- Online modules: sign up on the program portal
- IP Certification Program: apply on the program portal
All startups that meet the program’s basic eligibility requirements are eligible to register or apply.
Eligibility for Stream 1
Each stream has progressive eligibility requirements.
For Stream 1, you’ll need to meet the general eligibility guidelines for the program:
- Be a startup based in BC, Yukon, Northwest Territories or Nunavut
- Have fewer than 500 full-time employees
- Have an innovative technology and/or operate in the tech sector
- Non-profit organizations that meet the above may also apply
To apply for the cohort-based IP Certification program, you’ll need to fill in an Initial IP assessment to help assess your IP readiness and knowledge. There’s no level you have to meet to be approved — all tech startups are welcome to apply.